Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My next restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My next restore

I've come from the land of springs, beat settings and gong rods to try my hand at flips, mostly due to nostalgia (and the need for a new hobby), and that brings me here. I picked up a super dirty but mostly functional Lloyds flip and what a PIA this has been so far, just taking it apart was a challenge but that's okay, keeps me busy.

I've found the tuner not working, it's strung, pulley's work and I can move the tuner manually but not via the tuner knob, it spins on the tuner shaft.
    From what I can see, there's a lot of, not sure what, maybe oil or something on the dial cord and it seems to have lost it's grip. I'm thinking I need to replace it. I don't have a caliper, yet, but would anyone know what size cord these things use? I have a few GE 4305's and it looks to be similar. I've read that a .028" is 'common' but I have no idea in what context that means.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20240210_215323992_iOS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	898.9 KB ID:	29608
    Attached Files
Working...
X