Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I do with my motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I do with my motor?

Hi there everyone! Happy New Year! I have wanted to open up my clock since I got it because it has been going from very soft ticking to waking me up in the night due to how loud it is! But I am afraid that I will end up just breaking it! Should I just spray the inside of the motor and hope for the best or should I disassemble it? And if so do you guys have a video or pictures to help me kind of visualize it? Also, any products you guys recommend to help clean inside? TIA!

If you have easy access to the inside of the motor without opening it up, why not try that first?

Comment

What kind of motor is it? Do you have a model number of the clock and/or the motor? Can you send some pictures?

Comment

I haven’t taken it apart yet but i will get some photos! The model is General Electric 7-4303G! I am new to this so I don’t know what drives these things!

Comment

Don't "Spray" anything. You should try oiling the motor.
          At about 5 minutes into the following video I explain this on another clock.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
          If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
          If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
          X