Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing flaps from the clock

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing flaps from the clock

I have bit of a pain with removing flaps.
    I already put the missing flap on another clock once and it wasn't a problem, but removing the flap in the same way is different thing so I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with this operation. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.​

• Answer selected by Mackey at December 19, 2023, 10:54 PM.

Basic idea is to bend the tile without putting force on the either of the pins. So don't push or pull it out of its frame, but just bend it in place until one side can be freed from wheel. If it is a small tile you can do this by squeezing the tile between thumb and two fingers. For larger tiles you can use both hands.

This video may be helpful:

Comment

Basic idea is to bend the tile without putting force on the either of the pins. So don't push or pull it out of its frame, but just bend it in place until one side can be freed from wheel. If it is a small tile you can do this by squeezing the tile between thumb and two fingers. For larger tiles you can use both hands.

This video may be helpful:

Comment

Thanks a lot for the video. I managed to do it without any damage.

Comment

Working...
        X