Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To repair or not to be repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To repair or not to be repair?

Hi there everyone! I want to get into flipping flip clocks (haha awesome joke) from places like Ebay or Mercari but don't know the first thing about repairs. I have no experience in electronics, soldering, or replacing parts. I really want to get into but don't want to end up in a world of trouble of finding out that the motor isn't just stuck. I have seen YouTube videos but I am worried I will waste close to $50 for nothing. If anybody can give me tips and tricks on these troublesome machines it would go much appraised. Thanks and hope y'all have a great day!

Hi,

The best advice I can give is to go to YouTube, then search for and watch every video you can possibly find on electronic clock repair! You will learn a ton that way.

Comment

Unfortunately, you're likely to buy something that can't be easily fixed. Often, you'll have to buy two flip clocks to get one working flip clock. That's why most of us who do this have a stash of flip clock parts. It's a good hobby, but unfortunately, the prices have gone up recently.
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
      X