Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hallmark/Ricoh 3600 Not Keeping Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallmark/Ricoh 3600 Not Keeping Time

Hello, everyone. This clock was making a lot of noise recently, so I used 3-in-1 Oil on the motor and gears. The bulb was also burnt out, so I removed it, as I didn't want it lit anyway (blasphemy, I know). The clock worked absolutely beautifully for a day or so and now it will just progressively slow down and then stop movie altogether. I can hear the motor working (or trying to) still. I'm sure I may have done something wrong in the process, but I'm not an amateur with fixing things (just with clocks). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	clock.png
Views:	77
Size:	883.2 KB
ID:	28982

Very hard to say without seeing it in action. These clocks use the PTM-24B Nippon Pulse motor. They do supposedly have an oil bushing and are designed to not need maintenance over their lifetime. Wondering where you are applying the oil.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3089.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	29004
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

I just made a video about these types of clocks.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Generally speaking with any sort of motor (even electric clock motors besides electric fan motors) you want to use non-detergent oil like 3-in-1 in the blue can (20 wt non-detergent oil), Zoom! Spout oil or 30 wt non-detergent oil that is made specifically for electric motors, the 3-in-1 oil in the red can has detergents in them that can gum up your motor.

Comment

Working...
        X