Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GE 8116K - reapinted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE 8116K - reapinted

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20231008-142401.png
Views:	104
Size:	947.6 KB
ID:	28917 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20231008-142404.png
Views:	77
Size:	967.4 KB
ID:	28918
    I purchased this GE mainly because it was cheap and had glass crystal. If its not broken then It will just clean up and not like the plastic ones that will be scratched most likely
    I never liked this wood grain and took inspiration from this video. Black looks very good and subtle. I used enamel gloss spray paint.
    The bulb is burned but for now I wont replace it. It will save me couple $ a year worth of electricity consumption
    The GE Model 8116K Flip Clock is shown here with defective neon glow bulb. Here's how we replaced it and were we got the stuff to fix it.Daburn Electronics a...

Name:	20231008_123913_HDR.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	28919

That being said I have 2 -3 copals and this GE that needs new bulbs. I got the C2A bulbs with resistors but my question is can I just use shrink wrap on both leads? I would buy the Daflex D130 (https://www.daburn.com/d130daflexvin...ubing130c.aspx) as seen on Mackey's video but all I find is a large amount north of $60 and makes no sense for me to buy while on the other hand I prefer to use this rather fiberglass tube for a piece of mind. Where I can get something similar but smaller amount
    Thanks

For sure just use shrink wrap. Keep it safe and it'll be fine.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Thanks. Just to make sure could you please tell me the part number of the Larger clear tube that goes above all ? Daflex D105-12 seems to be the smaller one. But don't know the bigger one.
      And my second question: The other day I won this GE 8114 - no alarm and no light clock. Was dirt cheap and planning on changing the color for something more fun. Can I solder in a bulb on the 2 leads? I will make something up for the missing bracket also.
      Thanks​

Name:	20231017_212303.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	28966
      Attached Files

Comment

^ Click image for larger version

Name:	20231017_212303.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	1.44 MB