Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic rc-6253b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic rc-6253b

Hello to everyone. I just bought a wood-like national panasonic Rc-6253b. I love it. If you guys could please help me out: the radio volume is far too low, even though I cranked the knob all the way. Thank you! Is it correctly connected in the picture? (I mean, by Panasonic Standards?)

Have you tried putting some contact clearer on the volume potentiometer?
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Unfortunately I am not very practical. What does the volume potentiometer look like? Thank you very much Mackey!

Comment

The volume knob stem is attached to it. I could make a short video about it.

Comment

Thank you! I will try and I’ll let you know

Comment

Let me know if you need a video of the process.

Comment

Hello guys. I am sorry you haven't heard from me in a while. I tried cleaning the volume potentiometer using a cue tip and some contact cleaner, but nothing has changed. The volume stays low, no matter how I intervene. Is there a way to get a replacement one? Or maybe a replacement speaker, because using the headphones, the problem doesn't appear. Thanks!

Comment

It might also be that the radio needs to be recapped (have the electrolytic capacitors replaced) because Panasonic Electronics from the 1970s had an issue with the Matshusta caps that they used taking a dump so to speak which messes up the radio's performance, if you take a look at the bottom of the capacitors where the legs come out of the base of the body of the capacitor and you see some green corosion on the capacitor legs (wires) then you know you have bad capacitors and that they need replacement and that will more than likely fix your low volume issue.

Comment

Working...
                X