Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sankyo Digital Clock, Model 451

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sankyo Digital Clock, Model 451

Hello,

My first post here, so please be gentle!

I've been passed this interesting little clock to take a look at. I am told it's of great sentimental value.

Now my usual expertise is IT, but I often get passed electronics to fix, in any case this is a first for me!

There wasn't much movement upon applying power to the clock so I popped open the top of the Sankyo Intermatic motor and sure enough, one of the gears appears to be shredded (pictured). I wondered if anyone knows where I might find a replacement. I've taken a look in the motor spares part of the site, but it looks like quite an expensive job.

I've found a plethora of gears on eBay, some which *seem* to match the dimensions of the shredded gear, but a fool and his money are easily parted, so I thought I would ask the people who know what they are talking about!

Any and all advice would be gratefully received.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230818_211649015.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	383.0 KB
ID:	28587
    Best Regards,
    Chris

Hello Chris and welcome to this forum!

This is a well known problem with this Intermatic motor. Luckily there is a way to fix it. The gear itself is very cheap, but it takes some tools and skills to make it fit (but hey, I'm an IT engineer myself and I did manage ;-)).
    Please see this post for the details: https://www.flipclockfans.com/forum/...nning-too-fast

Comment

Working...
    X