Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triumph CR 108 rescue operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triumph CR 108 rescue operation

Hi,

After saving my SONY TFM C650-WL thanks to the forum, I will try to restore an new flipclock that I have found for some euros in a deposit sale. It deals with a Triumph CR 108. It is in a bad shape but I have hope. As you can see on the pictures, some parts are missing (one button on front face and the plate under). And the flap of the hours turns when I try to turn the button of the alarm?! If someone has a front button, it will be fantastic ;-). I think that it can work without under plate.
    I'm going to start taking it apart to see what's wrong. I will keep you posted on the rescue operation​ :-)
    Thanks in advance for your help
    Regards
    Eric

Attached Files

Nice! If you can't find a replacement button, it seems as though you could either 3d print a new one, or better yet, cast a new one from resin using one of the others to make a mold. Good luck!

Comment

Nice find! Pity is in such a bad state.
      Judging by the button layout it looks like a flip clock on top of a car radio.
      So you might find the missing button in some old car radio? (will still be hard to find, I admit).
      The clock mechanism is probably one shared with many other clocks. Search for example for 'Tokyo Jumbo clock'. This model is also sold with many different brand names. I have one that is also broken. Not sure though if it is the same issue.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Comment

Working...
      X