Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nordmende Flipclock repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nordmende Flipclock repair

Hi guys,

I'm new to flip clocks and to this forum.
    I've been looking for a flip clock since a few months, and found a cheap (but broken) one.

It's a "Nordmende" radio, it looks just like this one (image from an auction site)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	x3lmz991xywlqunbjiby.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	28050

I've opened it up and made some pictures of the motor / interior.
    They are in an album on my onedrive: Flipclock Nordmende

So I have 3 loose parts: a gear, an axle, and a plastic wheel thingy.

I've tried assembling it somehow in one of the pictures, but I'm not sure what's supposed to go where and do what.

In the last picture, I've inserted the axle into a gear inside the assembly.
    If i turn that gear, the seconds dial starts moving, and eventually all the other dials move too.

So I'm guessing I have to jump from the motor axle to that seconds dial somehow..

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how I can repair this radio?

Thanks for any help.
    Best regards!

Hello and welcome to the forum!

What you got there is an Intermatic motor and I'm afraid there are some parts missing.
    In this thread you'll find some pictures of the motor and how to repair the most common issue: https://www.flipclockfans.com/forum/...nning-too-fast

In your last image you got the brown wheel (the rotor) in the right place and I think you also found the right place for the small axle.
    What is missing is the small gear on the rotor (I see in the last picture only some remains of it) and the large grey gear.
    The white gear you have I do not recognise.

Comment

Working...
    X