Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic RC-7462

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic RC-7462

Hello
    i recently acquired an Panasonic RC-7462. It makes static noise, volume up down works but will not receive or tune in to any stations. The lights work but the clock does not work.

I removed the case and noticed some heavy soldering as if someone had replaced the transformer previously. It looks suspect.

Before I go further does anyone know where I can purchase a suitable replacement transformer? It is marked RLT5K73, 9-471-TK

thanks

Hello, try contact cleaner on the am fm switch and volume pot. and oil the motors flywheel.

Comment

Ok I will try those suggestions. Do you know where I may find a electrical schematic for this model? I only have found owners manuals.

Comment

It doesn't sound like you need a new transformer. Try what tonyofthelord​ suggested first.
        ~ Mackey Site Administrator
        If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
        If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Very detailed video showing complete disassembly of the Panasonic RC-7462 - The Black Lighted Flip Clock.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E19E166B-41F7-45D0-8E81-4649073FF515.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	315.5 KB
ID:	28046 Update and new questions on the Panasonic:
            I cleaned the switch and pots with with contact cleaner and no difference.

I did notice some circuit board damage in one area. Any advise on repairing the circuits? I vaguely remember using a copper circuit paint in the past. Not certain if that would work here. See pictures.

Also I found a wire that is either cut or installed for some reason. Maybe a testing point? See pictures.

I did not oil the syncro motor. I just gave it a little spin and it began working. It’s keeping time. Maybe it sat too long not powered up. More pictures.

Attached Files

Comment

that's bad it looks like the capacitor on the other side of the burn spot leaked and damaged the traces and poof. search ebay for rc-7462, someone is selling the entire radio section and many other internal parts for rc7462. sellers ebay handle is susanes-0
              Click image for larger version

Name:	7462rc.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	684.3 KB
ID:	28056 Click image for larger version

Name:	7462.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	672.8 KB
ID:	28057

Comment

Help!! I’ve just entered the rabbit hole. LOL!!

Comment

At list you have a beautiful clock. worthy of a restore, but a big job. if one cap goes like that you have to replace them all and that replacement board is just as old. I would buy another one

Comment

Working...
                  X