Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement cog wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement cog wheels

Hi, I am currently repairing an Audio Sonic clock/radio. The clock is motorized by a Copal motor. The first metal cogwheel drives a 50 teeth plastic wheel. The teeth are at the outside of the wheel, but it also has teeth on the side of the wheel. Those are connected to a metal S shape which adjusts the minutes when turning the time adjust button. 3 of the 50 teeth are worn and I need to replace the wheel. But I can't find the right supplier (or the right search string for Google). Can anybody help me?

Is that the motor/gearbox next to the broken gearwheel? When that is the case, it might look like Copal, but it is not. It is Artin, they made a 'knock-off' version of the Copal motor, much cheaper made and not durabe or strong. I could be wrong here, but that is what it looks like from the photo.

Comment

Yes, it is an Artin motor. The motor is running smoothly though. The plastic gearwheel is broken and I am trying to find a replacement.

Comment

I might have an Artin clock for spares here but am not sure. I am not home right now and will only be back home by end of next week. If you send a message by then, I can check if no-one else can help you here...

Comment

I am very new at repairing these clocks. I have another one with a running motor, but the first metal gear seems to be not running. If I compare both motors and look at the spirals one runs clockwise and the other counterclockwise. I am reluctant to change them. Are they different or is the metal output gear always turning the same way?

Comment

What do you mean by 'first metal gear'? The gear on the clockwork or a gear inside the gearbox?

Comment

The first gear that is placed on the outside of the body of the motor. See picture I googled (can't make a photo of my motor right now). It is on the otherside of the spiral.

Comment

Working...
              X