Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karlsson Flip clock problem with hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karlsson Flip clock problem with hours

Click image for larger version

Name:	ECAB3D8E-AD32-4BA7-9111-887EA5BA3476.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	27554Hello to all,

First of all sorry for my English, I’m not an English native speaker.

I just bought a Flip clock from Karlsson but I noticed my hours doesn’t manage to go down while my minutes are going from 59 to 0.

About the minutes everything is fine, around the minute 45-50, there is a system that helps the hours not to fall down and that sorts of “keep” the hour. But this system at minute 00 does not let the hour fall down (as you can see on the picture) and at some points it falls down around minute 20… What could I do to better set up this ?

Thanks a lot for your help, I couldn’t find any topics talking about this ..

Have a nice day,
    Victor

It looks like the piston between the hours and minute wheels (it is silver in color) is sticking OR the silver tile hold back has lost it's spring. In the photo below the piston should have moved over to the right. I originally thought that there was a spring in there, but it is the spring action of the silver bar on the left that keeps it moved over to the right unless pushed to the left by the extension on the 59/00 tile. You should work the piston back and forth a few times and see if that loosens it. Maybe a very very light touch with lithium grease would help.

If that is not it you might need to bend the tile hold back to give it spring to press the silver piston back to the right. However, look to next post for other possible solution.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pistonrigh.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.4 KB ID:	27557
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

In looking at the situation more closely, I see another potential problem. The bend in the tile hold back on the left that holds the hours back may be too much. Yours seems to be bent to 90 degrees. This may be causing the tile to hold the tile hold back and not let it spring back. Look at the pictures below for the correct amount of bend.

Click image for larger version  Name:	toomuch.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.9 KB ID:	27559 Click image for larger version  Name:	toomuch2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.4 KB ID:	27560

This may be why the tile hold back is held until overcome by brute force from the advancing hours wheel.
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

That sounds like that could be a solution! Just be careful not to put too much stress on these parts when bending, they cannot take too much stress and it can be very hard to bend it back once you have bent it too far.

Comment

Working...
        X