Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copal radio-flip-alarmclock RD700 has same clockwork/motor as model 702

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copal radio-flip-alarmclock RD700 has same clockwork/motor as model 702

I never actually realised this until I was working on an RD700 yesterday and took a closer look at the clockwork. Sometimes you can pick these up for sort of little money or they might be battered on the outside, but it would be worth it even if just for parts just for the clockwork/motor alone. The clockwork is different from most or a lot of Copal clockwork as is the motor for it has 3 connecting points as opposed to 2 for most traditional Copal motors.

Also, there are different variants of this flip-radio-alarmclock out there with different names I have seen, usually they do have something like RD700 in the title, but the dead giveaway is the plastic roller for the seconds, to the right of the clock(work), which is something not many Copal clocks have.

Comment

In Europe you come across them every once in awhile... I usually skim past them, but have planned to perhaps purchase some more of them especially when I know (or suspect) that there is a copal clockwork/motor inside. I have not yet come across that box of new old stock copal motors so will have to source them elsewhere
      Especially the ones that have serious cosmetical damage or missing pieces could be interesting for harvesting parts.

Comment

Working...
      X