Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karlsson Mini Flip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karlsson Mini Flip

hello,

i was just trying to find a way to remove the back cover of my Karlsson Mini Flip wall clock and then i found this forum!!!
    can anyone give me some help, please?
    the clock fell of from my kitchen wall and i need to substitute the "hour machine" (don't know the correct name of it... it's the quartz watch)
    i've removed the four lateral screws but i've noticed some central resistance. so i presume that's another screw in the middle, but i can't find it!?!?

thanks, in advance!

Hi, Just generally speaking they sometimes like to hide them under labels/stickers, so you could press a fingernail around any centrally located label to see if you can make out a screw hole outline underneath. If you bought new recently, check to see what if any warranty you have from them first before removing labels.

Comment

have it since 2012.
      already tried that. no screw holes under those labels/stickers... i'm find it so odd.

Comment

Would taking the front glass off, removing the clock hands help at all? Perhaps that is acting as a point holding the front and back as well.

Comment

It sounds like I might have to go out and get myself a broken one of these to do up a video on it. I have worked on the larger version of these in the past, but that one has very obvious screws in the back of it and is relatively easy to open up.

Comment

tried everything. can't do it by myself.
            i'll try to find someone who can help somewhere near me.

Comment

I suspect that when you succeed in opening it up, there might be wear and tear on some contacts you will most likely find behind the faceplate of the clock, these make contact once a day and when that happens, they make the day/date move forward. When you've had it for that long, it is likely, also considering the issue that you describe, that there is an issue there.

Comment

i've managed to open it, but i need a new machine. do you guys know where can i find one?

Comment

Working...
                X