Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixing a General Electric C4333D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing a General Electric C4333D?

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums. Don't want to waste anyone's time, so as a point of reference before you read further I am absolutely starting from square 1.

My significant other's dad gifted me a GE C4333D Flip Clock and I'd like to repair it if possible rather than junk it or sell it off for parts-- I think it's neat! The radio and backlight work, I can manually change the time using the crank on the side and I'm pretty sure the alarm and associated switches work as well. However, the time does not change by itself when I let the clock sit. Attached are some photos here. I can provide more if needed.

Found a repair video of a similar model which has some good shots of what the clock sorta looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezAg-ONFZNA but it focuses on testing switches and fixing the alarm, rather than, you know, the time itself.

Any insight is deeply appreciated. Thanks!

This is brilliant! Thank you for the resources. I've subscribed to that channel too. Might be a while, but will update this thread with the results regardless of what they are. Appreciate it.

Comment

Hey FlipClockNewbie. Engineer has you pointed in the right direction. Thanks for joining. ... hope you hang around. If you do, you may need to let me change your name!
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
      X