Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toshiba Clotty dismantle help/hour not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Clotty dismantle help/hour not working

Hello all!

I recently bought a Toshiba Clotty flip clock (50/60hZ) and noticed that the hour “hand” only shows the odd hours of each day. I’m in the midst of dismantling it now, but I can’t access the area I need too because the time-adjusting dial can’t seem to move. Can anyone help me with either of these problems? I’d truly appreciate it!

This is a common issue with this type of clock. There are 3 tines, holding back the tile until it is the clockwork pushes it forward when the minute or the hour changes. These tines dry out and break off over the years and you will need to fabricate something to replace them with.
    First you will need to pull off the wheel for the time and the alarm, this is what is keeping your clockwork in place. If they seem to be really stuck, you can try to stick some duct tape or better yet, gorilla tape on both sides of the wheel and try to pull it off with the tape.

Good luck!

Comment

• brendan
      brendan commented
      Editing a comment
      Just to 1000% clarify, all I need to do for these wheels are pull them off?

UPDATE: Some of the numbers fell out and upon trying to wind the clock to put them back in, it won’t wind anymore. Anything to fix that?

Comment

The knobs on the side you need to pull them off, there are no hidden screws or clips or anything, that is correct.

Did you wind the clock 'forwards' or 'backwards'? It can only go round in one direction, if you force it in the other direction, it could get jammed indeed. Not sure if that is what you did, but there isn't anything else I can say about it without having the clock here and looking at it.

Comment

• brendan
        brendan commented
        Editing a comment
        It only wound forward for me; thanks again for the insight.
    Working...
    X