Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fredrick N Trowbridge, Sr. Award Plaque Weather Station Flip Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fredrick N Trowbridge, Sr. Award Plaque Weather Station Flip Clock

Click image for larger version  Name:	upload.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.7 KB ID:	27211

Back in 2021 I think, someone contacted me to see if I wanted to look at this thing. Evidently, flipoclock pointed her in my direction (thanks buddy).
    They didn't send it until last week.

Anyway, it's a plaque awarded to Frederick N. Trowbridge, Sr. After some googling I found that he served as the Green Bay Packers official legal consultant for nearly 50 years. Trowbridge joined the Packers' Executive Committee and Board of Directors in 1950 and remained for 31 years. In 1959, he became the franchise's Treasurer. He remained on the Packers' Board of Directors until his death in 1987.

In 1984, Trowbridge was inducted into the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame.
    He was known to have stated: "I would just like to be remembered for having given some support to the corporation as it was raised from practically nothing to financial stability in the world."

That just made this a cooler clock to work on .
    Unfortunately, it wasn't in need of a simple oiling of the motor. The gearbox was completely toast! I think the heat from the internals of the weather station cooked it good. Also, the clock was missing two tiles. A big problem because these are "Caslon" digits. Kind of hard to find. I eventually dug up a Copal 701 parts clock and got a good match. The motor and gear box exactly match the Copal 225 (of which I had a parts clock due to the case being destroyed).

Someone had brutalized the clock evidently trying to get the clock out. There's a push button for the time set and it looks like you could unscrew it. Evidently not. There were scratches near the knob and the end had been bitten by plyers. I had to disassemble it from it's spring from the inside. I had e-clips flipping all over trying to get it back together.

I don't think the person had the external devices for the weather station portion. I doubt it works anyway. I removed the fuse for this to make it safe.

See the Video: Frederick N. Trowbridge, Sr - award plaque weather station flip clock.

Click image for larger version  Name:	upload2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.1 KB ID:	27212watch on YouTube
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

I just found out that the person who sent it to me bought Towbridge's old home. The device was actually hooked up and working - all that didn't work was the clock!
    Apparently a bunch of NFL people lived in that neighborhood in the day.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

I forgot about that one, cool! Glad you got it working again, the clock at least. Good work!

Comment

Working...
      X