Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blown Panasonic RC 6015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blown Panasonic RC 6015

Hi All - hoping Mackey sees this too.

I have joined the ranks of overly keen fools and after purchasing a panasonic RC 6015 (back to the future) clock from US, I immediately plugged it it only for it to crack/snap and turn off.

I have subsequently read and understand the issue is with the voltage (220-240 vs 110v in US) - should have know about this but was too excited, and the frequency (needs pure sine wave at 60HZ not 50). I have bought a 12 watt chronos frequency converter from KCC as recommended on this forum - awaiting arrival.

Question now is do I need to replace the transformer? if so can i buy this part separately or do I need an old 6010 or 6015 for spares. I have taken off the case (managed to drop and incur minor damage here too) and cant see any obvious fried components, but there was a snap when I originally plugged it in so i am assuming the transformer is blown.

once the converter arrives i will test it but other than transformer or possibly motor is there other likely candidates for damaged components and how should i best test it? measure voltage off the transformer (saw this in a vid)???

all help greatly appreciated.

Dan aka Doc Brown
Working...
X