Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sankyo intermatic motor issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sankyo intermatic motor issues

Hi, can anyone help me how to deal with this?
    Attached Files

The Intermatic motor has a mechanism to ensure it will run only one way. Behind the large gear there is (should be) a lever that blocks the rotor when running counterclockwise. When running clockwise the lever should swivel out of the way and the rotor should continue to run freely.

The behaviour I see in the movie is that it bounces back and forth, so it looks like something is also obstructing it from running clockwise.
    Could it be the small gear is damaged? This is a very common issue with these motors. See this post for a possible fix: https://www.flipclockfans.com/forum/...nning-too-fast

Comment

Thank you for answer. Yes, it's exactly the same problem, the small gear is cracked. As I found out in the United States they have the possibility to replace this gear from Intermatic timers, it would be great if there was a compatible timer on the European market, otherwise I probably have no choice but to order on ebay from the US. I'm not sure if I would be able to accurately drill gears from aliexpress as you suggested in the discussion in the link.

Comment

Working...
      X