Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RC-6354 bulb replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC-6354 bulb replacement

I just bought an Panasonic RC-6354! All is working except the light.

This clock is a beast, however I am having trouble figuring out how to separate the clock to get to the bulb for replacement. I replaced the bulb in an RC-6253 a couple of months ago without a problem, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to separate this clock. I removed the perimeter screws on the bottom and all of the knobs and the top and bottom gets loose, but don't want to come apart. Any help would be appreciated.

I'll post a couple of pictures when I get back out to the garage.

Thanks,
    Nick

I've not had one of these in my hands. But double check to make sure there's not a screw hidden in the bottom, center area.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

It turns out it was just the 4 perimeter screws, and the nut around the alarm selector on the top. The top lifted off easy with the only part connected to it being the speaker. This clock is neat, the "Doze" button lights up when you turn on the alarm function. That bulb worked, but the display light was out. All other functions work great and the clock keeps great time.

I used a LED Christmas tree bulb. The voltage going to the old bulb was around 6 ACV. See how long it lasts once I solder it in.

Here are some pictures.
      Attached Files

Comment

For sure, it seems to be burning pretty bright. There may be room to put two in series. The clock comes apart pretty easy in case there is a problem.

Comment

Working...
        X