Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leveling Out Sankyo Digit Illumination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leveling Out Sankyo Digit Illumination

On the Sankyo 441 the single minute digit doesn't receive the same amount of light for illumination. I fixed that with chrome tape from Amazon applied to the seconds wheel to reflect light back. It isn't a massive change but I think it's an improvement.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221214_093806.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	26959 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221214_094421.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	26960 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221214_093833.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	26961

I've noticed the same issue with this type of clock indeed. I have one clock, a Citizen, which has the light actually inside the drumrolls and this works perfect.
    For the Sankyo's I have always written it down to the design and never really thought to do anything about it, but it is good to know that with such a simple measure you can make a difference.

Thanks for sharing!

PS the chrome tape in itself is actually good to have and I might just buy some of it, it is an easy way to get more light inside a flip clock when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by flipoclock View Post
      I've noticed the same issue with this type of clock indeed. I have one clock, a Citizen, which has the light actually inside the drumrolls and this works perfect.
      For the Sankyo's I have always written it down to the design and never really thought to do anything about it, but it is good to know that with such a simple measure you can make a difference.

Thanks for sharing!

PS the chrome tape in itself is actually good to have and I might just buy some of it, it is an easy way to get more light inside a flip clock when needed.
      Here's what I used:

Trimbrite T1818 Chrome Brite 3 X 60 in https://a.co/d/aDYNrw1

Comment

Working...
      X