Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixing a Noisy little Copal 225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing a Noisy little Copal 225

For some reason the little Copal 225 seems prone to having a Noisy motor. My attempted solution in the past has been to try to adjust the whirligig because I figured that it was rubbing on the stationary cage. However, I think that was going at it the wrong way. It may be that the cage was the problem. Just this evening I fixed (hopefully permanently) my current nightstand clock by adjusting the cage. So far so good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Copal Model 225_sm.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	26791see YouTube video
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Thanks Mackey for sharing that fixing method! I'll keep that in mind the next time I have a noisy Copal motor.

Btw: surprising to see in what a good state that white plastic cover is. The ones I find are always yellow, very brittle and impossible to remove without breaking them. I always thought that would just be the aging of the plastic and thus happen anyway, but apparently it does not happen when the clock is still in the box. Maybe the heat of the motor accelerates the aging.

Comment

• Mackey
      Mackey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I'm thinking it's the heat.

Yeah, for some reason I have only seen this translucent, white-ish plastic cover in new or mint clocks. It makes sense I guess that heat would play a role in the discoloration since the cover normally is not exposed to direct sunlight.

Comment

Working...
    X