Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony TFM-C660W Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony TFM-C660W Repair

Hi everyone! I'm pretty new to flip clocks, just picked up my second today, a Sony TFM-C660W.

It was only $15 locally, so I bought it without hesitation as they said the motor worked well. Now that I have it home, I found that the volume scroll wheel pops loudly when turned (will try giving it a clean soon). My main concern is the blacklight system they used at the time. From what I can gather, there is no way to replace it? Has anyone wired up some other source of light? Led?

If the blacklight is working, then there is no need to do anything, but if it isn't, and you want a replacement, then you can take out the blacklight circuit and replace it with any UV-A source. Commonly, LEDs are used, although I can't think why the circuitry from a handheld tube-based blacklight wouldn't work (although you won't be able to reuse the old mains circuitry). I have a Sony TFM-C650WL, and the power supply for that outputs 16V, and I'd assume it is the same for yours. Therefore another solution would probably need a resistor to reduce the voltage, but there are certainly options available.

Comment

I meat the power supply for the radio circuit outputted 16vdc (which could then be used to power LEDs), sorry if I caused any confusion.

Comment

Working...
      X