Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony Digimatic clock issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Digimatic clock issue

Hi guys, hi from Nottingham / England; great to finally join the fan club!
    I have recently acquired a Sony Digimatic.
    although it does work, it has a time keeping issue: it will flip the minutes accurately for a couple of minutes then stick but continue to flip occasionally. I can hear the motor mech click trying to flip but it like either the numbers can’t pass the pin, or the motor motor mech isn’t strong enough to flip the clock.
    any advise of common issues and what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

This sounds like an issue with gear which might be missing one or more teeth. The only way to find out exactly is by opening up the case of your clock.

What is the model number of your clock?

Comment

Hi thanks for your response, it’s a
      TFM-C690W. I’ve just noticed that when it sticks the minute assembly rocks forward to flip the number but then slightly moves back. It also sometimes flips 2 numbers when it’s been stuck shortly after each other. I think you might well be on the right track as this would typically be a symptom of worn or missing gear.

Comment

Originally posted by flipoclock View Post
        Welcome to the forum!

This sounds like an issue with gear which might be missing one or more teeth. The only way to find out exactly is by opening up the case of your clock.

What is the model number of your clock?
        Thought I'd update this: You were on the money, the elliptical gear had worn. I've actually only just got around to fixing, I fabricated a new one, fitted a new neon bulb, oiled and polished, it works great and keeps time perfectly.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3698.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	490.0 KB
ID:	28773

Comment

Working...
        X