Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has this Boselli Milano worn too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has this Boselli Milano worn too much?

Now I have got the motor running quietly I wanted to start work on the real issue with this Boselli Milano (aka Icon 30, aka Solari Udine Cifra 6).

The issue is that the minutes are not reliably flipping.
    One obvious problem that a gear is missing large part of a tooth, but that does not actually stop it from working.
    What I see happening is that there is sometimes too much room between the wheel and the gear it should propel, so the small gap in the wheel does not catch the tooth. This is the first time I see this mechanism, so I'm not sure what it originally looked like. Has the gear and/or wheel worn too much or is there something else that is wrong?

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030333.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	25989 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030335.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	25988

This looks very similar to the clockwork + motor assembly in a Cifra 3. I have one parts clock here, I will see if I can find the time to have a look at this later this week. As far as I can recollect the mechanism at least should be working fine so I could be able to compare it possibly...

Comment

Working...
    X