Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement of the rotor gear in a Sankyo sealed can motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Johan,
    Yes it was really a chock after all the work with the gear. I had tested the coil recently, a screwdriver caused a humming noise (that effect is used for the alarm). Now there was nothing, and I could not detect any connection problems from the plug to the transformer. I live in Sweden which means 220V, 50Hz if anyone has a spare or ideas. I think it is very expensive to have the coil rewound, at least professionally.
    Best regards Jonas

Comment

Hello,
      I have given this some thought and am thinking of trying to find another motor. I therefore wonder if anyone knows the number of revolutions per minute that the motor produces? It seems to be about six r/m when studying he mechanism, but I am not sure.

Best regards Jonas

Comment

If you can upload some specific photos of the coil, perhaps also with some dimensions, I can have a look for you once I get home (next week). I do have some Sankyo clocks for spares, there might be a working coil (220v/50hz) there which would fit your clock.

Comment

Thanks, that sounds promising. I enclose some pictures, two with a ruler in cmPlease let me know if you want some more accurate/specific measures.
          Best regards
          Jonas
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Bild1 Sankyo.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	27649 Click image for larger version

Name:	Bild2 Sankyo.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	27647 Click image for larger version

Name:	Bild3 Sankyo.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	27648

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, the same picture appears twice. I enclose the missing picture here.

Best regards
            Jonas

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bild3 Sankyo.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	27662

Comment

Working...
            X