Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for LED lamp setups

Collapse
This has been set as a "sticky" topic and will remain at the top.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source for LED lamp setups

Howdy all,

I have been using the following company for low-voltage LED lamps for quite some time. When working on old audio equipment I frequently run into certain units that have really weird lamp setups for displaying which source you are on (AUX, Phono, AM, FM, etc) when you turn the selector. Sometimes they are not standard sizes or are in really hard to reach areas with little space and require re-wiring or purchasing really expensive OEM-lamp reproductions. So, conversion to LED is the way to go.

So, this company, Battery Powered LED Lights | Buy Small LED Lights - Evan Designs has some really nice FULLY RECTIFIED (meaning, no flicker on AC, but will also work on DC) LED lamp setups all ready to go. They even make pico and nano sized LED setups which are ultra small, but still VERY bright. Many are used in model train setups where size and space are very limited.

NOTE: Most of their lamps are for converting small voltages of less than 20 volts.

I have used them on and off for a few years and have not had any failures. I do not know the owner, get any kickbacks or support other than being a regular customer. Just letting the community here know about them!

Can you build your own? Sure! I have done it all the time, but this company is able to mass produce at lower cost. And it saves time.

I just took a look at their web page. That’s great stuff at a low price. I would like to use one of these to light the barrel tuner on a Sony 8FC-100w. I think the light output would be much better than the incandescent type. Is this the one that would work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	5DDE5810-B417-4218-820B-BA0E7827DF4E.jpeg
Views:	516
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	19616
    thanks for sharing this

Comment

Those types of LEDs have a fairly narrow spread. Might be better to retro-fit one of these:

LED Chip Lights | Order Your Pico & Nano Chip Lights Today at Evan Designs

Don't let the small size fool you. They are quite bright.

Comment

Could this one use the existing incandescent bulb wires from the radio? Or do they have to go through a rectified circuit first?

Comment

These are already rectified for DC, but they will also work on AC. But the voltage INPUT is fairly low...7 to 19 volts is all these can handle. I have run them as low as 6 volts and they still work.

Comment

Great info. Will make this a sticky topic. At some point I'm going to gather all these type source information posts into a collection.
            ~ Mackey Site Administrator
            If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
            If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Good idea. It would be great to have a one-stop section for tools, lubricants, lamps, etc, etc. perhaps?

Comment

I was not even done reading the sticky and my mind was thinking about that Sony barrel light .Good price cheap shipping at least I can afford to give it a try. I ordered A few of a few colors just to see what I can do with them. Thanks as always for the intell

Comment

Working...
                X