Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic RC 6003 light bulb replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic RC 6003 light bulb replacement

Hello everyone,
    I just acquired a Panasonic RC6003, which is also my very first flip-clock restoration attempt and possibly an exciting new-found hobby.

I am trying to understand what kind of light bulb I can buy to replace the dead one I found in mine. On the shrink wrap I read this code XAMR28T, and when I measured it it was around 4.8-5mm in diameter.

Tried to Google the info as well as searching the forum but I couldn’t find an answer. Appreciate any help or suggestion.
    Davide

If I remember correctly, that's a 12V 15mAmp incandescent bulb.

Sold here

Yeah, that's what's in mine. The 12 V is underpowered which give is a soft glow verses a bright white light. You could put in a similar 6V bulb but it won't last a long. Being underpowered the 12V will last much longer than they're rated.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Thanks Mackey!
      And it doesn’t matter that diameter is a little different than what’s currently in mine? I don’t think so since the aluminum holder that keeps it in place can be bent easily, but just double checking.

Comment

The difference doesn't even impact the situation at all. It's not even evident. This is the bulb I've used in the past.
        I've made a video for you and gave you a shout out.

Comment

That’s incredible! Thanks for doing that so quickly!
          And good job on your pronunciation

Hopefully I won’t mess anything up, but definitely a video instruction was necessary as the leads are not where I thought they would be.

I’ll report back

Comment

Mission accomplished! The board looks to be of a later model than yours Mackey, so the contacts are actually one next to each other and possibly a little easier to replace. Next on the list is to try and restore the chrome trim on the window...bought a Molotow marker and will see how that works out (first on a test piece of clear plastic). Thank you so much for the help! Can't wait to restore another clock already....

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Working...
              X