Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

copal 222 running fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good work! Technically that part is the rotor I think. They're funny little motors. The stator is on the inside and the rotor on the outside. Of course it's attached centrally to the little axel thing the turns the gears. Anyway good job and thanks for the update.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

I might have fixed it too well :-/ 3 minutes ahead since last time I checked. any thoughts? 50 60 hz problem? you'd think it would run 15% quicker if that was the case..

W

Comment

Do this. Use stopwatch function of your phone. Wait until a tile drops then start the timer. The next time should drop 60 seconds later. See if you're off. The clocks are dependent upon frequency of the household current. That's pretty stable in the US.... But not perfect. So if there's any variability in your household current you'll gain or lose a few mins here and there. These aren't quartz accuracy devices, and in the day, they weren't treated as such.
        Let us know how it goes.
        ~ Mackey Site Administrator
        If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
        If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
        X