Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The RC-6010, cousin to the RC-6015 has a few variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The RC-6010, cousin to the RC-6015 has a few variants

You may suspect that you can exchange the innards of an RC-6010 with those of the "Back To The Future" RC-6015. Well .... yes and no and maybe.
    I have found that there are two variants of the RC-6010 (and I don't know why). What I'm calling "Type-1" has the exact same internal configuration. Type-2 has the same circuit board and flipping mechanism, but the speaker base is different (necessitating an entirely different plastic cabinet base. Either way, if you buy an RC-6010 to swap out the parts with the RC-6015, you can still do it, but for a "Type-2" you'll have to remove the speaker from the RC-6015 (hopefully,it'd in good shape) and soldier it into the new board (very do-able, I've done it more than once).

When buying for the purpose of swapping, try to get a look at the bottom of the base of the clock. The Type-1 (similar to the RC-6015) has a shallow circular indention, while the Type-2 is deeper. If you're wondering (and haven't taking one apart yet), the RC-6015 speaker base (magnet) is wider than the other model). The picture of the internals shows the wider base/magnet (don't have the other pic taken yet for comparison).

So take a look at the pictures below before you buy.
    [imagelink="132"]RC-6010 Type-1[/imagelink] [imagelink="133"]RC-6010 Type-2[/imagelink] [imagelink="134"]Internals of a Type-1 C-6010[/imagelink]
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Interesting note. I noticed a separate plastic cup attached to the rubber bumper for the speaker inside mine but noticed yours didn't have that extra piece in your cleaning video. Now I know why!

Comment

This is SUPER helpful for me! I'm shopping for 6010's and 6015's to hack together a good quality RC-6015 for myself!

I'm not sure if you can edit the subject of this post, but there's a typo: RC-6016 instead of RC-6015.

Comment

Originally posted by jhooker View Post
        This is SUPER helpful for me! I'm shopping for 6010's and 6015's to hack together a good quality RC-6015 for myself!

I'm not sure if you can edit the subject of this post, but there's a typo: RC-6016 instead of RC-6015.
        Thanks. Fixed it.
        ~ Mackey Site Administrator
        If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
        If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
        X