Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twemco replacement synchronous motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twemco replacement synchronous motor

Since I have a large Twemco clock in my possession which has a noisy motor and after having done my initial investigation, it seems to play due to wear and tear on the main shaft.

I have been in touch with Twemco and they told me that these particular type of clocks are not made anymore for 20 years and thus they are not able to supply me with spare parts for it.

I then turned to the company that produced them, the 'Nippon Pulse Co. Ltd.'. They told me that this was a special, one-off for Twemco and that they therefore do not have it in stock. They did connect me with one of their sales engineers and they can produce them, apparently in batches of 20 (which in all fairness is a bit much for me), but for a very, very reasonable cost.

I'm going to try to get them back to 10pcs, but am looking for people who would be interested in buying such a motor from me. I suspect that for all large Twemco clocks, they are the same. I have had 2 and for both, it is the same motor.

It is the Nippon Pulse PTM-24BG, 220v/50hz, I believe 1rpm

If there is anyone out there who could use such a motor, speak up now or stay silent forever for I might be able to help you there

Originally posted by flipclock_nl View Post
    They did connect me with one of their sales engineers and they can produce them, apparently in batches of 20 (which in all fairness is a bit much for me), but for a very, very reasonable cost.
    I might need one in the future if I get lucky and find one of those clocks, I don't think you could lose money on them.

Maybe you could get 10x 240v/50Hz and 10x 110v/60Hz if they make both types ?

I wonder if that motor fits all Twemco clocks, large and small ?

Can you ask the engineers how the new motors are lubricated, grease or type of oil etc?

Good luck with it

Comment

Splitting it up might be a good idea... I also do not know whether it fits all large Twemco clocks, I have 2 confirmed now, I might see whether someone with a day/date clock can check on the label.

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

i could be interested in 1 rpm at 220v 50hz but could you tell me what is the price / unit ?
        Thanks.

Comment

Attached a datasheet I got from the engineer from Nippon Pulse.

It turns out that I can buy smaller quantities, but obviously the price will go up the lower the quantity

I have decided upon 10 motors, I am just confirming that the outgoing shaft will also have a gearwheel on it, when not, this is not a really big issue since the old one should come of fairly easily while it is made from plastic.

I will keep you informed I will use 2 motors for myself, I have a potential customer for 2 more, the rest is for sale
          Attached Files

Comment

So, as it turns out, I now have a small quantity of stock of motors for the large Twemco clocks. From what I have deduced, they should be very similar for the different large Twemco clocks, but upon interest, we can check this with measurements and photos.

My stock consists of 220v/50hz. I can let them go for the purchase price + a small mark up, the end price would be around 50 euros, shipping not included.

Send me a message if you're interested.

Comment

I am looking for a NIPPON PTM-24bg CCW timing motor.If you have one I would love to buy one or two please!

Comment

I have some of these here, they are new-new stock, I needed one and had it custom built, I have some more that I had made at the same time. I can send you one or more photos to make sure that you get the right one. You can send me a direct message through the forum.

Comment

Hi. Maybe? I'm new here; and to the world of flip clocks. Just waiting on delivery of a couple of non working Grayson quartz 'bank' clocks see my site avatar and help post). If it's the same clock (would be interested in a pic if you could oblige) and repair issue as yours then I may need said part. WTS.

Comment

Hi,
                    anyone have this Nippon Pulse PTM-24BG, 220v/50hz in stock, and willing to ship to The Netherlands?
                    I need one for my Twemco flipclock.
                    regards,
                    Bart

Comment

Hi, trying my hands to restore one. Found that the clock is running fast. Hence looking for possibility of replacement motor.
                      Anyone has stock?

Comment

Working...
                      X