Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GE Distributor Sales Binder 1978 Highlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE Distributor Sales Binder 1978 Highlights

An GE Distributor Sales Binder 1978, Premiums and incentives. Purchased on ebay, the following is the seller giving information about the binder and program:

I own a specialty advertising company, now in our 42nd year - and I was in the industry for many years prior to establishing my own firm. We are now in the semi-retirement stages and I am offering our somewhat unusual advertising pieces collected over the years.

Recently I discovered an unusual distributor sales binder from 1978. In addition to our primary focus of selling specialty advertising, we also sold premiums and incentives. At the time our best customer for premiums and incentives was Electrolux, manufacturer of those fine vacuum cleaners. Electrolux ran two monthly incentive programs. One was directed towards salesmen who sold the product door-to-door and the other towards those in the office who collected for the sold units. Electrolux vacuums were rather pricey - but extremely well manufactured and lasted for years. In fact we still have two from the 1980's that we still use...and they work great!

One of our primary suppliers of electronic incentives was General Electric. Here is the G.E. Premium & Incentives distributor sales manual from 1978. Although we started our own company in early 1979, this was the catalog in effect at that time.

The binder is standard 11.5" x 9.5" three ring style. It is printed on high-gloss coated stock for durability and appearance. It has inside front and back pockets as well. There are over 60 pages - most in full color - featuring the G.E. Housewares and Audio divisions line-up of '78. Among these are: Personal care products, appliances, clocks, radios, tape recorders and the extremely popular item of the day, the C.B. radio! In fact one of the best programs for Electrolux was when the C.B. radio was used as the monthly prize. The price structure for the various product lines is very interesting reading.

The way this worked at the time was that I would find a G.E. product that appealed to Electrolux and fell within their incentive pricing guidelines for a particular month. General Electric had full color individual sheets and would provide them for our contest brochure. We would prepare a one color cover page with rules to win the product and Electrolux then distribute that month's incentive to employees. At the conclusion of the month, those who won would then have the product either shipped to the Electrolux manager to personally award (and thereby give an extra incentive to those who did not win to try harder next month) or if it were too large, have G.E. ship the prize directly to the winner's home. It was a well received program and served as an excellent incentive vehicle.

Quite an unusual find for sure.
    Here is a partial price list for the clock section:

Click image for larger version

Name:	userpricelist-1.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	375.9 KB
ID:	19303 Click image for larger version

Name:	userpricelist-2.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	493.2 KB
ID:	19305 Click image for larger version

Name:	userpricelist-3.jpg