Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Wisconsin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Wisconsin!

Hello from Badgerland!

I figured a site like this must exist out there, and I'm sure glad I found it. I always thought these clocks were cool; my grandfather had one, and I figured I'd get my hands on one at some point down the road. Crazy thing, I didn't even know what they were properly called until now- my grandfather always referred to it as a "clacker clock" based on the noise it made, and trying to find these clocks under that name was a pretty lost cause.

While I'm hoping I'll get my hands on the "Clacker Clock" someday (I presume one of the cousins has it now), I am keen to get one for my own collection whenever I can get my hands on one. I've been something of a collector, tinkerer, and fixer of old junk for years now- my specialty being old vending machines- but in all this time of poring over garage sales, consignment shops, resale stores, and endless craigslist pages for other things, I've never run across a flip clock for sale in the wild, which strikes me as odd considering all the other "strange" things out there that I have run across. I'm interested to get one, either working or not, and I'm hoping this site and it's members can point me in the right direction, or keep me from taking on a project I'm nowhere near qualified to take on, as I tend to do.

I hope that I can be of some assistance here as well, though I'm not sure quite how at the moment. I look forward to meeting you, and learning from you about these cool clocks!

Thank you!
Working...
X