Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Vancouver Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Vancouver Canada

Hi all,

I've been reading the forum for a little while now, as well as watching the YouTube channel, and have found both to be really helpful and informative.

My 'gateway clock' was a Copal 227 last year, which I love.

Then I found this forum and the YouTube channel which opened my eyes to the amazing vintage clocks out there. It also gave me the confidence to buy the 'fixer -uppers' and have a fighting chance at bringing them back to their former glory again.

I particularly like flip clocks, but have to admit I'm also partial to vintage clocks of all types from that era, e.g., rolling dial, LEDs, etc. There's something about the 70's engineering exploration and design aesthetic that is fascinating and appealing to me. It seems like a period where lots of new approaches were being tried and some awesome looks were explored.

I've been acquiring a number of projects to work on over the coming months, and no doubt I'll benefit from some advice and guidance on how best to approach some of the things that need addressing, as I want to do it properly.

One I've already had a go at fixing up is an old Ken Tech T-420 which had the common problem of snapped tines on the tiles. I know the Ken Techs don't seem to get a lot of love, but now that it's working again there's something about its brutish approach to flipping the tiles that I find very satisfying. It's no Copal for sure, but it does get the job done! Once I get chance, I'll post some info on what I did to get that one working again as I've seen a thread on the forum that I can add to.

I'm currently working on my Wynford Hall NSI-1103 which needs some body work, bulbs changing, and FM radio fixing amongst other things. Compared to some of the clock radios I've opened up so far, this one is a Rubik's puzzle. It really is impressive how they packed so much in a such a small space.

Looking forward to participating in this great community!

Thanks, Ed
Working...
X