Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from the US

Hi everyone! Now this may surprise you, but I'm a huge fan of flip clocks. I've always been fascinated by them.

I got my first flip clock back in 2020. Turned out to be broken. One of the flaps had a broken leg and there was a cracked gear. Bummer! I put it away until some day that I could fix it.

In the meantime I picked up another clock and forgot about it.

I've been repairing stuff my whole life, and a while back I got into 3D printing. Let me tell ya, it's opened up a whole new world for me. I realized I could use it to make parts for my clock that have been obsolete for a couple decades.​

A few days ago, a lightbulb went on ans I put 2 and 2 together. I dug that old clock out, grabbed my calipers, and I've been tinkering around with making new flip cards and replacement gears.

I'm hoping to document the repair process on here and maybe fix some more clocks that are deemed irreparable. I'm a serious preservationist and I really hate to see stuff trashed because it's obsolete. Everything can be fixed!​

I've watched Mackey on YouTube for a long time and reckoned it was time to sign up, so here I am!
Working...
X