Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A blue faced citizen on a pedestal - my holy grail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A blue faced citizen on a pedestal - my holy grail!

When I started this hobby I looked around on the internet and was amazed with all the cool funky space age flip clock shapes. One that really stood out for me was the Citizen/Rhythm 7RD007. This one went to the top of my bucket list and became “my holy grail”. It is also very rare, so it took three years before I could buy one, but here it is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030455.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	28121

Name:	P1030458.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	28122 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030459.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	28120

The clock was already in good working condition when I bought, it just needed a good clean. The only minor issue is that the battery cover is missing and was replaced by a simple rectangular piece of plastic. I think it would be very hard for me to improve on this, so I'll leave it this way.

Name:	IMG_4764.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	252.1 KB
ID:	28124 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4757.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	28123

It is a battery operated clock powered by one C type battery. The motor is similar to what I found in my Sankyo 240 and it also has the same alarm mechanism: a small motor throws metal rings at a real brass bell, producing a real ringing sound! I was surprised to see the pedestal is actual metal, not the fake plastic chrome that I expected.

I found my holy grail but my quest does not end here: there are still so many more cool clocks out there to discover!
Working...
X