Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radio Shack Realistic 12-1458 Flip Clock FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio Shack Realistic 12-1458 Flip Clock FS

Excellent condition, Clock light needs replacement. Works 100% besides that. Sold for $59.95 in 1974.
    Make offer, thanks, Kenny

Do you realize that $59.00 in 1974 is over $300 in today's dollars!?! Calculate it!
    Good luck with the sale of your clock Kenny500c.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

man would love a radio shack flip clock but exchange rate and postage just kills me ...the realistic brand is a house hold name in australia.radio shack stores in aus ..were called .TANDY ELCTRONICS
      Last edited by Troy; May 4, 2016, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Tandy was originally founded in the United States in 1950 as Tandy Leather Company. In 1963, Tandy changed its business to electronics when it acquired control of RadioShack, a forty-year-old electronics business with nine stores and a mail-order arm. From 1963 to 1986, RadioShack grew to more than 6900 stores and dealers in the US, with a further 2100 stores and dealers in Canada, England, Europe and Australia.
        In November 1973, the first RadioShack-style Tandy stores in Australia opened for business. They were administered from a rented office and warehouse in the Sydney suburb of Rydalmere. Tandy quickly established stores in major towns and suburbs across Australia and had a major presence by 1980. Many independent electrical businesses in smaller towns added Tandy products to their range.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
          Do you realize that $59.00 in 1974 is over $300 in today's dollars!?! Calculate it!
          Good luck with the sale of your clock Kenny500c.
          Agreed Mackey! So often (in a very broad sense) when people quote old prices ("Back in my day, gasoline was 5 cents a gallon!") they fail to factor in inflation. NOT that I'm accusing anyone on this forum of that! I'm just saying that factoring in inflation is the only semi-reliable way to compare prices between eras. Oftentimes, prices for specific desirable goods have actually depreciated over the years! Save the flip clocks, friends!!!

Comment

Working...
          X