Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheops Electronics LED Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheops Electronics LED Clock

So whole I was chasing down a lead on my Ken Tech hunt, I ran across THIS curious contraption on eBay- as the seller describes, the Cheops Electronics LED clock.

From what the seller has on it, this was a kit clock from what appears to be the mid to late 1970's from the look of the circuit board. The soldering work definitely looks like a first-timer kit project. A predecessor to the Orbichron perhaps?

The seller included a few more pictures too, which I've saved for historical preservation purposes. A few searches online have all circled back to this one eBya listing, and as eBay listings aren't forever, it seems fitting to save what information can be saved in a place where it won't be so quickly lost.

Click image for larger version

Name:	b7e2134f8fc5db08e28ed901a4a6e5e2.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	17363

Name:	24ede551b43fa19d3fba3f19677720fc.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	17364

Name:	3ca0e784fd83905db8eefea5300b9d40.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	17365

Comment

Apparently it still works too.

Name:	81d06e0d79c47f5a693d3f100216c389.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	17367

Comment

The seller also referenced another clock, the Amelect Electronic Eye clock. This is definitely a cousin to the Orbichron- ah, so many neat clocks to research, and (ironically) so little time!

Comment

it always comes down to time

Comment

As an aside, I rather wish someplace was still selling kit clocks like this. I'm sure you could further simplify the circuitry, and with rapid prototyping and cheap mass production of custom PCB's now commonplace, I'd think someone would have engineered something cool along these lines again. Maybe they have and I've just never seen it too.

Comment

Working...
            X