Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetz from the Netherlands!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetz from the Netherlands!

Hi everyone,

My name is Thierry and come from a small town called Muiderberg, near Amsterdam the Netherlands. Just bought and cleaned my very first flip alarm clock (needs identifying!). I also ordered some cheapy flip mechanisms to tinker with from Alibaba, so I can get up to speed with you people. I assume EVERY member here is more knowledgeable about these incredibly cute flipclocks than me, but I do learn fast.

Danke schön! I don’t speak german as well as I speak english, so please forgive me for continuing in english.

Comment

Originally posted by thierrius View Post
      Hi everyone,

My name is Thierry and come from a small town called Muiderberg, near Amsterdam the Netherlands. Just bought and cleaned my very first flip alarm clock (needs identifying!). I also ordered some cheapy flip mechanisms to tinker with from Alibaba, so I can get up to speed with you people. I assume EVERY member here is more knowledgeable about these incredibly cute flipclocks than me, but I do learn fast.
      Welcome Thierry! We're all learning here! You'll fit right in. Thanks for joining!
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Welkom! You're not the first Dutchman here, although I do not live in the Netherlands anymore...

Comment

Hi expat! Nice to know there's other dutch speaking people here! Where did you go to?

Comment

Originally posted by thierrius View Post
            Hi expat! Nice to know there's other dutch speaking people here! Where did you go to?
            Residing in Ireland! Not many flip clocks here, apart from my collection of course :-)

Comment

Ah, a collection! How many do you have and do you search for specific ones?

Comment

My collection varies because I also sell them. It makes it less static and you get to collect more whilst not having too much space...

At any given time I will have between 30 and 50 flip clocks and they can vary from a small Copal to a large Vedette flip clock.

Comment

30 to 50.. that’s a lot!

Comment

You get to used to it I mainly like the fact that I can keep buying and the selling part makes sure that I can keep buying...

Comment

Groetjes uit Vlaanderen!

Comment

Hey hallo Vlaanderen!! Sorry dat ik niet eerder antwoordde, volgens mij lag deze website er een tijdje uit.

Comment

Working...
                        X