Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone

Hi all,

I recently got into flip clocks after realizing how cool they are!

After searching eBay for some time I decided to purchase a Sony 8FC-69WA. It seems to function fine apart from an issue with my radio "manual on" button not staying depressed, and looks good apart from a missing time adjustment knob.

I'm loving all of the discussions, photos, and information being shared on this message board so I decided to join.

You picked a very good clock. The Sony 8FC-69WA (at times in advertisements listed without the trailing A) was the first generation of flip clock radios. It can first be noted in advertising in 1968 and was apparently really big in 1969. The clock retailed for 59.95 when it came out (nearly every advertisement in 1968 and 69 lists that price). In today's dollars that's over $400.00. It was the next big thing of it's day.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Freeport_Journal_Standard_Freeport_Illinois_Tue__Dec_16__1969_pg16.jpg Views:	1 Size:	146.8 KB ID:	4660
    Freeport Journal-Standard
    (Freeport, Illinois)
    16 Dec 1969, Tue • Page 16
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Very cool, thank you for sharing

Comment

Working...
      X