Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there!

Hello! My name's Carla and I currently live in North Carolina.

I originally was not that interested in flip clocks. When I finally got my own bedroom as a child, I used to use my mother's old flip clock. I had it for some time, until I complained that the buzzing sound it made kept me up at night and got my parents to buy me an LED clock instead.

Years have passed, and now I find myself rather fascinated by clocks. I ended up inquiring after my mom's old clock radio a few years ago, but it was either trashed or became garage sale fodder. Between online research and my childhood memories, I'm mostly certain that it was a Sony Digimatic TFM-C480W, or a model that looked very similar.

My goal now is to obtain another flip clock. I'd like to clean it up, and I have aspirations to make upgrades to one. I don't know what I'll end up with, but I want it to be interesting, and cuteness is an important factor for me. I'm open to suggestions!

Most of our fascination with clip clocks comes from childhood as well ,you are most welcome here ..me personally I never get to got to have one and I was so fascinated with them

Comment

Troy and I are in the same boat. That's how this whole fascination got started for me as well. There are lots of clocks to consider for your next clock. I've moved away from collecting the flip clock radios (for a while) and I like the simple clock and/or the flip clocks / alarms. While sometimes hard to find, it's hard to beat one of the earliest flip clocks for cuteness. The Copal Calson 201. Read Article Here

You'll find that FlipClockFans.com is not a very busy forum, but why would it be. Several of us check in daily and there are many non-member visitors that pass through. Looking forward to hearing more about your clock adventures.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Whichever one I end up going for, I'd like it to have alarm functionality at the very least, and possibly also radio functionality. I haven't had a chance to look inside a flip clock yet (besides certain videos and pictures I've already seen linked to on this forum), but I suspect that having the alarm functionality will be very useful for my purposes.

Comment

"Cute" is very subjective, but you might look at:
          Sony 8FC-100W
          Panasonic RC-6003
          Panasonic RC-1103 (comes in several colors)
          Panasonic RC-1122 (comes in several colors)

Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
            "Cute" is very subjective, but you might look at:
            Sony 8FC-100W
            Panasonic RC-6003
            Panasonic RC-1103 (comes in several colors)
            Panasonic RC-1122 (comes in several colors)
            Your taste may not be far off from mine, as I've already been eyeing eBay auctions for the first two you listed. And while I haven't found any of the RC-1122 yet, I haven't been looking that hard for it. I'm liking the RC-1103 as well.

Comment

Working...
            X