Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Wisconsin

So, I had this clock (Panasonic RC-7469) in my kitchen. The clock had stopped and the tuner was stuck on NPR out of Green Bay. I brought it to work and threw it in the scrap metal bin. The next night (I'm currently stuck on 3rd shift) I took it out and listened to classical music and threw it out again. The next night I took it out again and sprayed some lube on the motor and got it to run with a few nudges. I forgot to throw it away the third time and someone put it on my tool cart. That day I searched Ebay for a replacement and found out that they were not your ordinary clock. So I decided that I might as well fix it. I applied bow rosin to the string in the tuning peg area. This worked too well. When I tuned it all the way in one direction I shattered the hub of the plastic string spring tuning wheel. While looking for parts I found Flipclockfans. I was able to solvent weld all the small bits of plastic back together, including the tip of a letter opener. This was used to fill in a gap caused by a missing piece. I put it back together and this time I applied a little Bee's wax to the tuner post. So far it works. But I wouldn't want to have to guarantee the repair. And that's the story of my clock.

Working...
X