Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Greece!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Greece!

Hi there everyone!
    I am the happy owner of a beautiful Panasonic rc 707b, which is the european model for the 6551 I believe. It's been almost a year now that I leave my cellphone in the kitchen at night, and use only the clock to wake up in the morning. Must say I feel much better since then, and enjoy a more relaxed sleep!
    I look forward to read many of the threads and articles on this site, and also contribute myself wherever I can!
    Thanks

Welcome to FlipClockFans! Would love a picture of your clock!
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Originally posted by Eskape View Post
      Hi there everyone!
      I am the happy owner of a beautiful Panasonic rc 707b, which is the european model for the 6551 I believe. It's been almost a year now that I leave my cellphone in the kitchen at night, and use only the clock to wake up in the morning. Must say I feel much better since then, and enjoy a more relaxed sleep!
      I look forward to read many of the threads and articles on this site, and also contribute myself wherever I can!
      Thanks
      We should all take your advice about taking a break from cell phones!! Good idea!

Comment

Here you go!
        Unfortunately, I have to put a book on top of the speaker, so it works as a filter for a rumour that is constantly being heard.
        I even went to two technicians, and both made measurements of all the capacitors and found everything to be normal. The motor is also not to blame, as i have already checked it.
        Maybe you guys would have an idea of what could be causing this?

Comment

That's a beauty!
          What does the offending sound, sound like ... a hum?
          It could be the transformer humming along. Probably is. It could also be the volume switch (potentiometer) needs to be clean.
          ~ Mackey Site Administrator
          If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
          If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Thank you!
            I do not think it is the transformer, which btw I already re-shellacked, but with no success. The sound is like a hum yes, constant. I don't believe it to be either the volume control as it is clean as a whistle.
            I could provide a video with the noise if this helps you to understand a little more.
            Thank you anyway!

Comment

Working...
            X