Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this count as a flip clock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this count as a flip clock?

Hi all,

So I found a GE lighted dial flip clock or maybe it should be called more of a roller clock, at a thrift shop recently. I saw that it worked, but the light was burned out. In my search to learn how to replace the lamp, I found this wonderful forum. I am amazed at all the different kinds of clocks you all have. I'm definitely looking for a few more now. Anyways back to the repair. I was very surprised when I opened the case and saw how this clock works. Truly impressive and beautiful. Thanks to Mackey for helping source a new lamp for me! I got it all wired back up and it works very well now. I really love the soft glow in the middle of the night when I glance over at it by my bed. The soft orange red lamp has a very appealing quality to it that is hard to define. It is so much better than the screen of my phone blinding me.

Anyways, I really appreciate the people who post about their clocks and the work they have done on them. I hope to find more of these clocks and share them with you all.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	125.7 KB ID:	5323
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	5326
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	3 Size:	115.5 KB ID:	5327

Well, as far as I'm concerned, this clock is a part of the family :-)

I like them! Not as much as a genuine flipclock though, but this particular intrigues me because of the way it works. I have some clocks by Philips which have the same 'innerworks', which leaves me to wonder who really made the clock..... I can only assume that it was not Philips who invented them, they were much butter at designing lamps!

Comment

I feel the same way. They're retro, actually preceding the flip clocks. Many people call them flip clocks (technically not accurate). It's like what's called a cyclometer but not exactly. That mechanism belongs in a class of it's own because of the wild way the numbers flip around (like a Ferris Wheel). In any event, we work on these and talk about these here and like flipclock_nl said, their part of the family.

by the way, dbaumbach2 I'm moving this post to a more appropriate area of the forum. Not a big deal.
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

I love these GE cyclometers. Check out the cool work Troy did on his GE: https://www.flipclockfans.com/forum/...-ugly-duckling

Comment

Nice!, and yes, I consider this a flip clock too!

Comment

Working...
          X