Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making a custom clock case.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a custom clock case.

Has anyone ever thought about making a custom clock case for their flip clock? Like made out of wood, or clear acrylic?

Thought about it... yes! Done anything with it yet? No, mainly because I lack the time and still have soooooo many flip clocks in their original cases which need my attention :-)

Also, because momentarily I lack the needed equipment to do it properly. When I do it, it must be perfect.

Any ideas? All acrylic sounds great to me!

Comment

Hi C.D.K. i did some research on google and i found thath many people change the chassis of flip clocks. They usually recover the clock mechanism from old radio clock. I found this guy on Etsy.com that does this job. Maybe he could be an ispiration for you in order to get some ideas about the design.

https://www.etsy.com/it/shop/McVayAr...hopheader-name

Mattia

Comment

One of my long term goals, just lacking time right now. Ebay still has some NOS flip clock mechanisms floating around, I have some of those and would start with housing them.

Comment

Originally posted by bigomat View Post
          Hi C.D.K. i did some research on google and i found thath many people change the chassis of flip clocks. They usually recover the clock mechanism from old radio clock. I found this guy on Etsy.com that does this job. Maybe he could be an ispiration for you in order to get some ideas about the design.

https://www.etsy.com/it/shop/McVayAr...hopheader-name

Mattia
          Yes this is the guy I know of. He's a nice young man. I included his stuff in a YouTube Video on Re-purposing Flip Clocks and he was very appreciative.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
          If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
          If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

I'm thinking of making one. Got a mech from an Tokyo Spider flip clock radio for it but the clock has issues, the hours only flip at around 20 minutes into the hour. Anyone knows how to adjust that?

Acrylic is an option but not easy to work on and expensive material, maybe I will go for wood design cutted with an pc powered router I know standing in a lab...

Comment

Working...
            X