Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest flip clock I have ever seen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest flip clock I have ever seen!

Well heck. When I won the lottery I was going to commission one like that.

I think the one in Pesariis, in the province of Udine, Italy may be bigger. Pesariis is known as the village of the clocks and many clockmakers still work there (many retired, remembering the good old days). They’re famous for their open air “Museo dell’Orologeria Pesarina” it’s like a walking watchmaking museum. One of the clocks is the huge
    “Orologio a palette giganti” (which translates to Giant Flip Clock). The pages turn like some of the older Solari clocks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2D774C8F-6292-4CCD-A76D-8B7BB8A93F7C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	73.1 KB ID:	5100 Click image for larger version  Name:	CBF1BC96-733A-4308-8BEE-6E62FA091E4C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	351.7 KB ID:	5101

But then again, that other one looks bigger in this photo

Click image for larger version  Name:	2634C6BD-ABB5-44A3-A95D-C7CFC17F0243.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	5102

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
      Well heck. When I won the lottery I was going to commission one like that.
      It can be like those age old wind chime neighbor disputes, but with a huge flip clock banging away.

Comment

Interesting stuff for flip fans

I think you are right...the ones in Italy look a bit bigger!

Comment

I reckon all them would look great on my bedside table ..................................lol

Comment

Here's a video about it all

~ Mackey Site Administrator
            If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
            If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
            X