Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help identifying this flip clockradio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help identifying this flip clockradio.

Hi people, I need help identifying my recently acquired flip alarm clockradio. The identifying sticker on the bottom is missing, but on the front it says Sound Master. I can take much more pictures, but perhaps there's someone already that knows what it is. It works like a charm, by the way, only thing that's a bit broken is the plastic knob for snoozing (upper left corner knob).

***update: Okay, Sound Master is a brand that still exists and still makes clockradio's!! Now I only need to find the model and year for this one!

I'm looking but not finding anything yet. I've never seen this clock before. Good luck!
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

thanks for looking, mate! i think i’m going to try and contact Soundmaster, they still exist and perhaps there’s still some documentation available. Will post any news.

Comment

Nice clock! I feel it is from Germany, I have only ever seen some of these in Germany. The button which is missing or broken seems a bit generic, do you want me to rummage through my parts to see if I have something which might fit? Mind you that part of my parts are still in storage and inaccessible at the moment :-(

Comment

I think you're right about it being from Germany, I found that there's still Soundmasters being made and that they have a german website, which redirects to http://www.woerlein.com/ . I've sent them a message, don't know if they'll react. If you're able to find the right knob, that would be awesome! I was already thinking about making a mold from the lower buttons and melting some black plastic in, but a fitting original would ALWAYS be better! So yes, if you can rummage through your "pile", please do! I know from wikipedia that it probably is the mechanism shown here, since I already cleaned the inside and saw the exact layout.

Comment

These would be the ones you would be looking for, I guess. Might be best to replace them both since they would be a pair.

This particular clock is not being junked, however I have a similar one which can be for parts. Send me a PM if you are interested in the knobs/buttons.

Comment

they’re pretty! mine are black plastic and i only need to replace the upper knob. I think your knobs will fit, but i want to try and reproduce the upper knob by making a cast of the lower 2 parts and fill it with black plastic. i'll get back to you in time.

Comment

Working...
              X