Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Displaying flip clocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying flip clocks.

For the last couple of months I’ve been swamped with home renovations including installing 3/4 inch hardwood flooring. With some leftovers I made a display shelf.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CE59F24C-8419-44EB-B76F-118278D695F9.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	4290
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Good mix of styles in there Mackey. I've found displaying a large number of them to be tricky, easy for it to look cluttered. Especially when I get temped to stack them on top of each other... I currently have most of my collection in storage containers and rotate them out from time to time. I put up some shelves couple months ago in my home office to display; right now I have various Panasonics up there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shelf.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	4293
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice. That’s what I plan to do. Rotate.

Comment

Nice looking displays!

Comment

Ok, finally got my little "man corner" fixed up. This is now the new "FlipClockFans Studios" I will speak of in my videos. It's a comfortable nook where I'll do my paperwork upon returning home (unfortunately, I always have about 1-2 hours of computer work once I get home). Plus, once I get the lighting better, I'll film all my videos here as well as do my restoration work.

Of the 20 pictured, 17 have been in a video. Only 5 pictured are running (two are a little slow).

Comment

OMG, that display would drive my OCD crazy. You need all the clocks set to the same time!! Or maybe divide them into the four time zones. I spent well over an hour one day trying to get all my Panasonics to flip at exactly the same second so I could make a gif, no luck. Yes, I am slightly deranged.

Jeremy

Comment

That's funny. I used to have the idea I'd have all the clocks running. But I'm over that. For one thing, there's a wind up that makes way to much noise. Plus, I really don't want the wear and tear on the antique ones. Funny, a person visiting my area would have no freaking idea what time it was.

Comment

Working...
              X