Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nidec Copal 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nidec Copal 101

Recently purchased this beauty! From what I read this is where it all started. I’m curious to find out the approximate value. This clock is new in the box.

Well heck! It's valuable to me! I'd sure like to have that.
    That's the point really. It's trite, but it's only worth what someone will pay. Unfortunately, not many people appreciate the importance of this clock in flip clock history (in my opinion).

But anyway, to have it with the box and instructions just makes it that much more valuable, as I'm sure you realize. It would sell all day long at $50.00, at auction on eBay it could easily go $75 to 100.00. I personally think a collector of Copals would pay up to $150.00.

That's about it. Collectors of these clocks are few really, compared to other clocks. $150 would be top dollar. Your horologists tend to see flip clocks as an aberration on clock history - cheap, plastic, mass produced and made for the common man.

Personally I think it's a little gem and I'd love to have it for my flip clock wall.

I'd trade you a "Back to the Future" flip clock for it. Got one ready to go anytime you want it.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Thanks for all of the info. I think for now I am going to hang on to it. I love the fact it is new and in the original box.

Comment

Beamen72 Just curious, is the front glass or clear plastic on this model?

Comment

It is real glass.

Comment

It is real glass.

Comment

Originally posted by Beamen72 View Post
              It is real glass.
              Yeah, when you get tired of it, I've got a place for it.

Comment

Working...
              X